The Laser Training Center in Miami is offering a continuing education seminar for electrologist.
This two-day continuing education workshop will give an overview of how lasers, pulsed light (IPL) work, including the physics of lasers & IPL’s. Presentation on the most commonly used lasers and devices and their parameters for permanent hair reduction. An overview of the anatomy & physiology of skin and hair. The comprehensive didactic will include Laser/IPL skin interaction, skin typing, and safety measures. Overview of the Cosmetic Laser Marketplace including trends, market size, and potential revenue streams and technologies available. Efficacy of various laser wavelength, and newer technologies in treating specific hair and skin types, in addition the use of a modern cooling system combined with the advances in-motion technology. Moreover, as a complication can occur after laser treatment and it can be reduced through an understanding of the fundamental of lasers and laser interaction among others, the participants will discuss their experience in diagnostic and manage of the complications to prevent and identify the future complications.
- To review the skin anatomy, laser physics, laser tissue interaction and the use of appropriate laser parameters.
- Understanding the newer technologies and appropriate device for specific hair and skin type in Laser Hair Removal.
- To determine treatment setting and protocols appropriate for LHR for people with darker skin tone.
- To discuss the complications after hair removal treatment using laser and IPL technologies.
- Skin and Hair Anatomy. Participants will review the anatomy and physiology of the hair and the skin, the stage of the hair grow Anagen, Catagen and Telogen, and the characteristic of exogen and kenogen. Melanin component and distribution. Ethnicity and Fitzpatrick skin type classification.
- Laser/IPL Physic and laser interaction. Review of Laser Physics and mechanism of action for laser light-based energies, intense pulse light (IPL), selective photothermolysis in LHR, chromophores absorption, and laser parameters.
- Laser/IPL Benefits and Difference in LHR. Review the advantage to IPL systems and Laser technologies to perform hair removal; the effectiveness and limitations or disadvantages. Types of energy used by each one, and selection clients recommended.
- Advances in Laser and IPL Technology. Efficacy of various laser wavelength, and newer technologies in treating specific hair and skin types, in addition the use of a modern cooling system combined with the advances in-motion technology.
- Newer technologies/Laser Marketplace. Learn and understand the newer multi-platform solutions for IPL and lasers. Discuss the benefits and shortcomings of purchasing “new” lasers versus used and refurbished machines and how to purchase them to get the best price and value added to your system. Cosmetic Laser Marketplace and technologies available will be part of this presentation.
- Laser in Motion. Participant will learn the mechanism of the application of laser in motion to achieve high average power and therapeutically effective heat build-up using high repetition rate of short pulses delivered deep into the dermis that effectively damages the hair follicles.
- Consultation/Protocol. Conducting Effective Laser Hair Removal Consultations. Discussion to provide with best practice patient selection criteria on the importance of patient selection and consultation, education, safety and efficacy issues, as well as other pertinent criteria for a successful treatment outcome as pre and post treatment for Laser/IPL hair removal.
- LHR in darker skin tone. Participants will learn the laser wavelength and laser devices required for ethnicity skin tones and darker-skinned individuals, in order to perform the safest treatment with enough administered energy to produce effective results.
- LHR Complications. Side effect of laser treatment. Paradoxical hirsutism. Purple skin reaction, burn and Inflammatory dermal reaction induced by laser in treated skin, urticaria after laser treatment. What to do in case of complications will be discussed with the participants.
- Optimal treatment outcome/General Consideration. Participants will be provided with best practice patient selection criteria, patient safety procedures, and patient relationship building practices which result in improved patient outcomes.